Dark Chocolate Coconut, Almond Butter and Raspberry Preserve Cups
I was brainstorming chocolate raspberry ideas and love the taste of almond butter and preserves together (before going paleo I would eat almond butter and jelly sandwiches. I feel much better not eating them, but I miss that combination). I picked up some low-sugar organic raspberry preserves and created these cups (inspired by peanut butter cups). They turned out fantastic! They are not too difficult to make either. These store well in the freezer.
2 bars of 85% or darker dark chocolate. I used Green & Black’s organic…3.5 oz bars (2 of them)
1/2 cup of coconut oil
3/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut plus extra to sprinkle on top
Low sugar raspberry preserves (extra points for homemade)
1 tsp vanilla
1 pinch of sea salt
1. Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners
2. In a small saucepan melt the chocolate with the coconut oil, vanilla, sea salt, and 3/4 cup of the shredded coconut.
3. Spoon a small amount of melted mixture into each of the cupcake liners (about 1/2 inch).
4. Put the tray into the freezer for about 15 minutes and then remove it.
5. Spoon about 1/2- 3/4 tsp of raspberry preserves on top of each one.
6. Spoon about 1/2 – 3/4 tsp of almond butter on top of the jelly.
7. Spoon the remaining chocolate mixture on top of each one, and sprinkle some shredded coconut on top. Immediately stick the batch back in the freezer before the coconut sinks in!
8. Wait about 15 more minutes and they are ready to remove from cupcake liners and place on a plate. Store in the freezer, especially in the summertime as they melt easily.
Question: Where do you find that cocoa? Is it by any chance cold pressed? I’ve been trying to find cocoa that’s processed at the lowest temperatures to prevent oxidation degradation.
Hi Matt, I used green and blacks organic 85% dark chocolate. I recommend using cacao or cocoa…big difference!
Yeah, I know the difference. I actually wrote about it on my blog a couple of weeks ago and the health benefits of chocolate. I just have a hard time finding good cocoa that still retains its antioxidants so I was wondering if you had found something. I don’t know if you know what nibs are? I love using nibs for things. I have a nib grinder and I’ll use it to grind the nibs on my salads or things like spaghetti squash. It gives it a nice dark chocolate flavor 🙂