It’s a cold snowy morning here in Upstate NY. The kiddos and I were sitting by the fire in our feet pajamas, and I was craving something comforting and warm from the oven. I had some ripe bananas and decided to create a banana muffin. These make a great breakfast or snack. The kids loved them! These contain no grains or refined sweeteners!
Oven to 350 degrees
Wet Ingredients (combine in a mixing bowl):
(2) large or (3) small very ripe bananas mashed
(1) tsp vanilla
(3) TBS maple syrup or raw honey melted (add a little more if bananas are not very ripe)
1/4 cup of melted ghee or coconut oil
Dry Ingredients (whisk together):
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
Optional Fold-ins: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips (gluten, dairy, and soy free)
2. Scoop mixture into greased muffin pan (greased with ghee or coconut oil). Alternatively you can line the pan with paper muffin liners.
3. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees
Cool and enjoy!
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.